The SNMREC Preferred Partner Program is an opportunity for our industry partners to collaborate more fully with the Center. This program is designed to dedicate SNMREC experts and resources to individual industry partner development needs.
Areas of Expertise
SNMREC staff engineers and researchers have developed unique expertise in areas related to ocean energy technology and testing. In addition, Florida Atlantic University provides access to a broad range of expertise in many relevant areas, which include: data mining and fusion, wireless data communication and security, vibration analysis, experimental hydrodynamics, physical oceanography, corrosion and biofouling, composite and carbon materials selection and development, database and information architecture, web services and data management, marine mammals and sea turtles, deepwater corals, and a variety of other applicable areas from ocean, mechanical, coastal, electrical, computer, and marine sciences, education, public policy, and business.
Our staff has developed expertise in:
- Ocean energy system simulation and modeling
- Ocean energy system test protocols and standards
- Intelligent Prognostic Health Monitoring/SCADA of ocean energy systems
- Ocean energy system control and operation
- Turbulence measurement and modeling for ocean energy devices
- Mooring, anchoring, and siting ocean energy projects